Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Vibrant Blue

I stood before the canvas last night staring into its space, a soft pillow white.
I rubbed my hands across it and closed my eyes.
Forming a vivid picture of you in my mind.
My brush strokes the paper ever so sweet.
I don’t want to wake you, so I must be discreet.
I start with a soft and gentle touch painting the love in your face.
I smile because I know with you my heart has found its place.
As the picture becomes clear and I think more of my life with you.
My colors change from pale roses to vibrant blue.
The stroke of my brush quickens and with force I paint this picture of you.
The harder and harder I paint, the more vibrant becomes my blue.
What once represented love now represents pain.
Where I was to write your name, I etch it in the same.
I stood before the canvas last night to paint a gentle picture of you.
But instead I painted a relationship with some love and pain of vibrant blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home