Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

What am I to do?

What is a heart to do?
When all that it has learned to love is gone
When all the heart has are holes to fill
And no more love to give.

What is a mind to do?
When there are no more pleasant thoughts
When all it knows is punishment and pain
And nothing but fantasies provides some intellectual gain.

What is a body to do?
When there is no one to caress it
Or make it feel alive.
And the echoes of yearning it can no longer hid.

What are the hands to do?
When they no longer have anyone to hold
and with each day they grow old.

What am I to do
without you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home