Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Mirror

A wall of glass
surrounds me.

I run to escape
the face staring back at me.

There is no way out.

A tear flows from my arduous eyes
and slides onto my lips.

I quiver at the sight of me
Alone I stand.

There is no one to turn 2.

My body aches from the burdens it carries
it grows weary each day.

My voice cracks when I speak
my words are monotonous.

There is no turning back.

I touch the mirror with my trodden fingertips
and I realize there is no escaping.

I am the mirror image of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home