Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Coming Home

Dismantled
I reached inside of me
to search for my soul
my true self.

I plunged into the depths of my existence
asking myself who am I?
Why am I here?
What am I doing with my life?

I circled my heart time and time again
to heal the pain of past relationships.
I screamed their names one last time
to release them from my heart.

I removed the circles under my eyes
from the lonely nights crying.
I lifted my bosom to the air and
took a deep breathe to cleanse me.

I traveled through my mind
replacing fear with freedom.
My soul burst through my chest
like a beam of light.

Amassing the new pieces of me
from outside myself.
I came to rest inside of me.
I came home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home