Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Sunday, December 12, 2004

My Oblivion

Here I sit my eyes blinded by the remnants of beer.

My hair tousled atop my head.

My arms heavy from the weight of the world.

I shut myself out to my oblivion

where I will join a new world

Where my arms are lighten from their load

Where my vision is clear

Where my hair is neat and complete.

Where reality does not exist.

In my oblivion, I can be shielded from pain

I can write for hours at a time and never go insane.

I can find myself, reclaim myself and repair myself.

I can take the real me off the shelf.

In my oblivion I can be the one person that I want to be

I get to be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home