Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Evolution of Me

My eyes were once blinded by a tainted love.
My ears closed to the sounds of infidelity.
But before where I was blind, I can now see.

I am free; I am an evolution of me.

I have heard the voice of another man,
where there were once deaf ears.
I have become happy and
replaced my weary tears.

I am free; I am an evolution of me.

Now I find myself smiling for no reason at all and
then I realize I am thinking about you.
We talk incessantly for hours at a time and
images of you move through my mind.

I am evolving, I am free, and I am an evolution of me.

Your smile melts me like ice cream on a warm summer’s day.
You stare at me with nothing particular nothing to say.

But you speak the language of freedom with your silence.
My vision no longer cloudy, but clearly guided.

I am evolving into me, I am free.

I stand before you with an open heart once bound by chains.
Asking you to do the same.
We are free to become what is now to be.
An evolution of you and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home