Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Wasted Years

I think of the time before I met you.
The days minutes, hours, I spent singing the blues.
When my heart was broken by gigolos and playboys.
The times when I allowed myself to be someone’s toy.
There were moments when I wanted to stop myself.

To behave myself

To respect myself.

Those were the wasted years,
the times when I shed so many tears.

When I knew nothing about love.
And I prayed to the heavens above.
To take me out of my misery.
To end the madness that had become me.

Those were the wasted years,
when I shed so many tears.

Today I still cry but they are tears of joy.
I smile when I see your eyes in our baby boy.
I want to hold you all the time.
Because I cannot believe you are mine.

It is like a dream come true.
That started the day I met you.
I reminiscence on the wasted years
when I shed so many tears.

I shake my head at the time lost.
To find you, I had to pay the cost.
Of a broken heart and insurmountable pain.
Although I lost some years it is you that I have gained.

Now I know that I had to shed so many tears
To grow in our love,
after those wasted years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home