Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Discovering Me

It has taken awhile for me to bloom.
But I have become a beautiful rose.
I have sharpen my skills like a knife.
I flow like the ocean when I speak.

I have discovered me.

It took years of insecurity, heartache and pain.
But I remained hopeful through it all.
I kept faith in my heart, even when it was filled with pain.
I prayed for security.

Then I discovered me.

Now I walk with confidence and self-esteem.
I float on clouds, because I dream.
Of a time when I can say, that love has found its way back into my heart.

I love what I have become because of my discovery.
I thank the Lord, that he has helped me discover me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home