Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Shadow Moon

In the shadow of the moon, I roam about the streets searching for you.

For my new love, my true love, life’s love.

I walk the alleys looking for someone to replace you.

Yet all I find is scum and the remnants of men, who are not equal to you.

I emerge from the darkness into the new moonlight.

Which guides me on my search of the night.

I search for love and hope its true.

Hoping to replace the emptiness in my heart left by you.

I walk the street passing the bars, restaurants and dance halls.

Stopping at every door, listening for love’s call.

Yet my ears hear no answer and my feet began to get weak.
I continue to walk through the streets under the shadow of the moon.

Searching my world for the substitute of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home