Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Changing Times


When I decided to pursue a new me and open myself to the possibilities.
My eyes saw the blue sky with its wonderful wispy clouds.
I voiced my freedom, aloud.
My ears heard sounds that were once silent to me.
And my heart felt the possibilities.
All the signs pointed too yes and the achievement of success.
And in my mind, I know I am the best.

These are changing times.

I recall when fear consumed me and stopped me from growing.
But deep inside, I knew.
Success would be imminent to me.
My eyes were shut to the glory of fame.
I never thought, in lights I would see me name.
My mouth spoke words of the positivist, but my heart had no faith in me.

These are changing times.

Fear no longer consumes my mind, I have found faith in me and I revel in my possibility.
These are changing times and the growth of my brilliant mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home