Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Once flamed, twice burned


You were my shadow
my piece de resistance

I wanted to be only with you
and grow old with you.
My flame you burned brightly in the night.
Then you vanished from my sight.

It was as if I had walked through fire
and felt the cinch of the flames.
It ached my voice to whisper your name.

I saw you again and felt the love that never departed.
My goal was to get something new started.

We met in a park on a cloudy day
upon the coldest bench we sat
to start our love affair again
to embark on the road to happiness.

You grasped my hand and promised me the world
To be true this time and make me your only girl

Then someone walked by and caught the attention of you
and I became twice burned

left by the ashes of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home