Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Monday, October 10, 2005

Ivories

fingertips
touching
the ivories
so lightly

gentle breeze
blows through
the summer
screen

I sing
in a voice
gifted from
heaven

touching
the souls of
those that surround me

I tickle the ivories
with my fingertips

I smile
when I hit that
note, so high

I laugh
and the family
chimes in
on a old tune

I tickle the ivories
with my fingertips

I cry when
I recite the pain
I knew from love.

I huddle closer
when I remember
the darkness

Still I dance in the
moonlight
as I tickle
the ivories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home