Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Monday, December 19, 2005

Different Love

You caught me by surprise
You made me love you
And your simplicity
Without my permission.

I thought that I was in control
Of my personal life
I was the boss of me and decided
Whom I would love

You showed me a different kind of love
Love based on friendship
Love based on tenderness
And not race.

You showed me a new way to love.
A way I had never experienced before.
I became a novice
When I met you.

I came to love differently
Without even knowing
That I loved you at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home