Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Monday, December 19, 2005

Wishful Thinking

Tree lined streets and the smell of fresh fruit
The summer’s sun beams down on my skin and I want to realize the child within.
I walk through the streets gazing at those who roam about.
I stop at a bench to ponder, what is life all about?
Is it about my debts that are high with no end in sight?
Or is it about the taste of fresh strawberries that melt in my mouth with each bite?
Is it about the music blaring from the car that just passed?
Or is it a true love I wish for and hope will last.
As I walk back to my office and feel the breeze on my cheek.
I hope I will make it through the next week.
I have obligations, deadline and employees who stress me so.
But in a society based on the corporate world I cannot let go.

So I will take my vision of the tree lined streets and fresh lemonade.
And compare that to the money I have made.
The result will be the same as it is everyday.
A simple life will win out!
Oh what, a luxury that would be.
I know that my life is too settled and I do not have the courage to let go.
I can’t start over not knowing where to go.
I must have security because I have built a wall of material possessions around me.

As the share consumes my path and the sunlight disappears.
I hear my inner voice, but chose to let it fall on death ears.
Then I raise my hands to the sky and pray for the strength to move on.
Maybe I will wake up and see, that a life of simplicity is the best for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home