Kenyatta's Corner

This is a window into my world, my thoughts and ideas about love, life and pain. I have been writing poetry since the age of thirteen and I have used my poetry to help me with the joy and pain of life. I hope you enjoy sharing my life story.

Name:
Location: Los Gatos, California, United States

Monday, October 10, 2005

Battle

Battle

I am fighting with myself
learning how to walk again
after you have broken my knees

Learning how to speak again
after you have squelched my voice

Learning how to hear again
after you have silenced my ears.

I am fighting with myself
Understanding the balance
of me

The creativity and
the logical side of me

Learning to see things for what they are
and not what I want them to be.

Learning to trust myself and
truly be me.

Learning to toss out fear
and replace it with hope.

I am fighting with myself.
To understand my heart and
set it free.

Learning how to love again
how to trust again.

Learning that pain is not
the only part of life.

I am fighting with myself
in my quest
for something new.

I am fighting a battle
my heart and my mind
to let go and get over you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home